Solve Identity Theft Issues with an Identity Theft Lawyer in Shady Side, MD
Go for a Reputable Identity Theft Lawyer in Shady Side, Maryland
Shady Side, Maryland is home to historic structures, such as the Capt. Salem Avery House and the Lula G. Scott Community Center. This rural town is located in Anne Arundel County and is filled with a lot of parks due to its scenic nature view. Despite living in a small town, such as Shady Side, it doesn’t mean you can’t be a victim of identity theft.
What You Should Know About Identity Theft
Identity Theft is no small matter. This happens when a suspicious entity acquires your personal or financial information for the sole purpose of making a transaction or purchase. There are many types of identity theft. However, the most common financial identity theft.
With technology and e-commerce gaining a boost in today’s digital age, it’s easy for hackers to gain access to your personal information if the website you buy from is not secured. Hence, you must always check if the website you provide personal information on has the lock symbol next to its domain.
But enough about the technicalities of securing your personal information, what happens if someone actually steals your identity and you find a suspicious transaction on your credit report?
Identity Theft and How to Handle It
- You can contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Identity Theft Bureau to report your case. We advise you to act now before the thief does any more damage under your account.
- Reach out to law enforcement. Make sure to specify your situation to law enforcement. After filling out the details of the police report, you should also have a copy of it just in case.
- Always check your credit report. Monitor your credit report and manage any of the financial damage that has been done due to identity theft.
- Report a fraud alert or place a security freeze on your credit file. This will allow you to fix any errors that have been done due to the situation.
- Know your rights as a consumer. You can contact the FTC to know more about the ways you can recover from the situation or seek legal help from an identity theft attorney in Shady Side Maryland.
Never Be Complacent
When this happens to you, you should always act fast because this will affect your credit score and you might have a hard time recovering it should it escalate into something bigger. Companies connected to your culprit’s transactions should be able to help you by running an investigation. However, you may need legal assistance before they do so. This is because if companies do not receive an official letter from an identity theft lawyer in Shady Side, Maryland, they may sweep your concerns aside.
Seek for Legal Help
If you’re looking for an identity theft attorney in Shady Side, Maryland, you should find one who will do whatever they can to resolve your dilemma. This is what Baneylaw, P.C. Bankruptcy and Consumer Law promises you.
Nathan D. Baney has been in the practice of consumer law for years and lends his knowledge and expertise in giving you the resolution you need to rise above your identity theft issues. As a bankruptcy attorney and background check attorney, he has worked with numerous individuals in resolving cases concerning bankruptcy and consumer law, including cases with regards to debt collection abuse attorney and credit report error attorney.
You can speak with him directly when you contact Baneylaw, P.C. Bankruptcy and Consumer Law.